Hey, hey! Welcome to this session of the CQ Vision, Mission, and Values project where I work to define Cryptiquest’s “Big Picture.” In the last session, I explained the need, defined the goal, and sussed out the objectives. In this session, I will negotiate the deliverables.
Let’s get started! Here is a reminder of what was defined in the last session:
Goal: Define the big picture for which Cryptiquest is striving in a way that ensures support from projects moving forward.
Objective 1: The project will define the change Cryptiquest aims to bring about in the world.
Objective 2: The project will present the definition in such a way that parts of it can be referred to when establishing the needs of projects.
Objective 3: The project will present the definition in such a way that parts of it can be referred to when measuring the success of projects.
Before I start to rattle off deliverables, I need to research what the heck I’m doing. At the end of the last session, I had started to theorize how the Vision, Mission, and Values could be structured to meet the objectives:
- Vision Statement (the change Cryptiquest wants to bring about)
- Mission Statement (the core strategy Cryptiquest will use to achieve the vision)
- Values (definitions of the elements outlined in the vision and mission statements)
The idea here is that the Values would be serialized for reference and the content would outline the change and strategy.
If this is the method to use then the deliverables seem pretty straightforward:
- Define the Vision.
- Define the Mission.
- Identify each Value based on the Vision and Mission.
Then there needs to be some feedback, right? I could ask confidants then present it to strangers for feedback for thorough scrutiny.
- Seek feedback from confidants and refine.
- Seek feedback from strangers and refine.
Then, once it’s complete, I need to do something with it. What would I do with it right now if it were complete? I’d update Cryptiquest’s company About page and official channels.
I’d also create a press release as this is company news. Though perhaps, I should also update the road map – which would require researching and updating the production schedule. It sounds like this work is its own thing and outside the scope of this project though.
Once everything is updated and there is a press release, then there would be a social media campaign, which would be another project.
So where does that leave us?
- Update the company About Page
- Rework Road Maps
- Media Campaign to Announce New Vision, Strategy, Schedule
Wait. No. I think the creation of a company Vision Statement, Mission Statement, and Values is big and deserves its own press release. The road map update is extremely important as well but the two need to be separated as the Vision Statement (et al.) is a major company identity change where as the road map is something that can change with new information. So I’ll add the press release as its own step:
- Create Press Release
Here are the final deliverables (with estimated session timings):
- Define the Vision. (<1 session)
- Define the Mission. (<1 session)
- Identify each Value based on the Vision and Mission. (1 session)
- Seek feedback from confidants and refine. (2 sessions?)
- Seek feedback from strangers and refine. (2 sessions?)
- Update the company About Page (<1 session)
- Create Press Release (<1 session)
- Social media announcements (<1 session)
I’ll add new deliverables to the All Project Deliverables page based on this list and add the two new projects, too. The next session will be dedicated to defining the Vision and Mission statements. So stay tuned for that!